As I mentioned yesterday, my goal is to update the nursery without exerting a lot of energy (I don't have much to give at this point!) and without spending an exorbitant amount of money. I'd also like to soften the space up a bit and make it more soothing and calming for a new baby. I've allowed myself to modify the following items: curtains, rug, bed linens, wall art, and accessories. I'm hoping these small changes will have a big impact on the space. Here's the moodboard I've created to help me get there.
1. Linen Curtains - These are from Restoration Hardware but I'll probably do custom made ones. They'll actually be less expensive than these ready-mades.
2. Lillian Crib Sheeting and Pillows - I picked up the crib sheet from this line when I returned one of the Duvet covers that I didn't end up using for Henry's room at Pottery Barn Kids. I like the quilted sham as well.
3. Dash and Albert Yacht Stripe Woven Rug - This will be the most expensive addition to the room ($284 for a 6 x 9 rug) but I also think it will have the most impact.
4.Wooden Elephant Toys - She's going to need a few new toys of her own and I love this dark grey elephant!
5. Sheepskin - I admit that these are one of my go-to items for immediately changing a room. They add a lovely, soft texture and are perfect for babies to lie on. Plus, I already own an extra one!
6. Booties, shoes, dresses and hats - Baby clothes are so adorable they can easily double as room decoration. I'll probably put a few of the really gorgeous items people have already passed along to me out on display.
7. Baskets - For dirty laundry and anything else you don't want to look at. I love that this one has a lid.
8. Serena & Lily Sumba Stool - I remember when I was breast feeding Henry that it was nice to have something to put your feet up on while you were in the rocking chair. I think this woven grass stool would work nicely.
9. Inke Heiland Wallpaper Elephant - This will probably be my solution to the large holes that will be left in the wall once I remove the Ikea Lack shelf. And yes, I guess I have a bit of an elephant theme going on!
Do you think these changes will be enough to soften the room? Anything else you think might work? I'm hoping to finish off this room by next week!