Helping me out today is Anna from the great design blog, Canoe Design. Check out some of her favorite things at the moment. I love that bracelet she found!
Hi everyone, Anna from Canoe Design here. So happy to be with Emma and all of you at The Marion House Book today.
Here is a little bit about me: following my graduation from Ryerson with Emma, I moved to London, England to pursue work as an interior designer. In London I worked for a couple of boutique design companies specialising in high-end residential architecture and design. I was fortunate to work on projects throughout Europe and the Middle East and see some really incredible projects realised. Last summer my husband and I moved to Manhattan and I started Canoe Design a blog dedicated to Architecture, Interiors and Design while settling in and interviewing for designs positions here.
I wanted to share with you a few items on my current wish lists.
1. I really love all the tableware collections from Heath Ceramics. The simplicity of their ceramics and colours really means that you can combine across their collections. I think that they are timeless and would make a great set to have an build over time.
2. Peter Lane is an incredibly talented ceramicist who create unique installations, furnishings and lighting. I have admired his work for a while now, and although it is priced out of my budget, a girl can dream, and this textured lamp would look great in our apartment.
3. While working in London we used these stools in a clients kitchen and have not stopped thinking of them since. They are The Tractor Stool and I just love the integrity of material, simplicity of the design and their beauty.
4. We spent 6 months renovating the apartment we bought in London, and alas moved out only six months later to come to New York. I am constantly thinking about what we will do with the next home and I am currently loving embossed metal tiles. I think that they work well with many different styles of kitchens and interiors.
1. This Deux Lux Sequin weekender seems to be making it's way around Pinterest, and I have to say that I am guilty of adding it to my list. I love the combination of leather and sequins (rustic meets chic) and this would make my getaways even more special!
2. I came across this copper piece from Urban Outfitters and fell in love. I think that the patina and simplicity of shape means that I could wear this casually or dress it up, exactly what I am looking for as I am not a big jewellery person.
3. I have been in the market for new glasses for quite a while now. While I like the look of large black plastic frames on others, the scale combination of scale and darkness are just too severe on my face. These Oliver Peoples glasses are the perfect combination for me - rectangular plastic frames in a tortoise shell.
4. Bryony Shearmur has created a line of accessories where she screenprints digital images on silk scarves. I am a huge scarf fan (wear them every day in the winter) and think that her Sea Sky print is something I could enjoy all year round.
Image Credits:For the Home - Heath Ceramics Chahan Gallery Bassam Fellows HGTV For Me - Deux Lux Urban Outfitters Net a Porter Silk by Bryony