I have to say I'm really chuffed by all the comments and inspiration I received from all of you during January. I wasn't sure when I started this series of posts whether or not any of you would be interested in reading about my monthly goals but it seems I'm not the only one who is interested in a little self improvement! One of my readers suggested I pick up the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin which I did. Ms. Rubin also undertook a series of monthly goals for one year in a quest to be more happy. I've been inspired by her commitment to the project and by many of her goals.
While I have no plans to emulate her project I do think her goal for February which is to work on relationships and love is a fitting one. I plan to do the same with my own twist. Here's a few things I hope to accomplish:
- make dates with my husband (at least two)
- make time for my friends
- spend a special day with each child on their own
- give daily proofs of love
- make an effort to think about what I say before I say it
- read a good love story ( I need your suggestions here)
- be generous
- make a big chocolate cake and invite friends over to eat it!
Since February is already underway I've already started putting a few dates into my calendar and making some move on these goals. It feels good.
Now...any good love story recommendations?
Photo credit: Sian Richards